Tuesday, August 16, 2011

DIY: Zipper Cuff Braclet


Being in highschool sucks. Being in school sucks. But, as long as it starts tomorrow, I may as well dress up for it, right? And besides, what is a better cause to make new jewlery than having to dress nice for something you dislike?

So, I got my lazy but off video games (I’m teenaged. What else?), and pulled together a tutorial for this lovely zipper cuff bracelet thing. 




Gather up the things you need. Of course, I didn’t use everything pictured, because I’m a bad planner. But I didn’t grab anything else, so as long as you have all that’s here, you should be good.
Needle
Thread
Short metal zipper
Wire cutters
Needle-nose pliers
Jump rings
Clasp (I used a lobster)
Charm (optinal)
Scissors



We begin by cutting the ends (together) at an angle, then sewing together, as shown. 



Now, this is the hard part. Cut the tab off the zipper. (some people call it the pull.) I used wire cutters and my hands, and it got kinda bent up before it snaped, as you can see. 




Next, cut the edges off the zipper. No, I don’t have pictures, because it’s fairly easy, and I forgot this was a tutorial, not just a bragging. If you need them, ask, and I can draw it or something.

Grab a jumpring. Smish and smash the ends together till no thread will slip throu. Now sew it to one end. If you’re using a lobster clasp, just sew that on the other end, and clasp it to the jump ring. If you’re not, repreat this on the other end, then realize I don’t know what I’m talking about, and you should have put the clasp on the jumprings before sewing them down. (Or, hopefully, you read this all before beginning.)

If you’re using a charm, use a jump ring to attatch it to one or the other end of a clasp. 


 
There, now wasn’t that easy?
Be glad I did it for you first, because it took me nearly two hours, as I kept trying to use other clasps. 


No comments:

Post a Comment